This document was last updated on May 24th, 2018.
SportyHQ, LLC is committed to protecting your privacy. We offer a service that enables sports participants, facilities, governing bodies and membership platforms the ability to run and facilitate their activities through a web-based service.
What information do we collect?
Depending on who you are and how we are serving you, we may collect information including your name, email, date of birth, gender, phone number, address, IP address.
You may also be asked for payment information.
Customers of SportyHQ, such as tournaments, leagues, clubs and governing bodies, have the option of creating custom fields. If you join or are affiliated to an entity that has created custom fields, you may be asked for additional information. For example, if you're signing up to a tournament, the tournament organizer may have created a custom field that requests your citizenship.
If you ever believe an entity is asking for something you don't feel you need to provide, you can try and skip the field. If you are told it is a required field, you are welcome to stop. In these situations, it may be best to talk directly to the entity that is requesting the information, but we are always willing to assist as well and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer created user accounts
Our customers, such as clubs, governing bodies or event organizers, will often import or add users associated to them. For example, a tournament organizer might upload a list of people playing in their event, or a governing body may upload a list of its members. Through this process, a SportyHQ profile may be created for you and you may receive an email from the associated entity asking you to activate an account. Activating your account allows you to login and use the service, and it is entirely your choice if you want to do this.
Information we collect automatically
In addition, when you visit our site or use our service, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or service to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and screen resolution.
- information about your visit, including the web address (URL) that referred you to our site, the pages you visited, page response times, length of visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our sites and to diagnose technical issues.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you do this, please be aware that you may not be able to access all parts of our service.
On what basis do we collect your information?
In most cases, we collect your information so that you, or a SportyHQ customer, can operate within the SportyHQ platform and make use of our services.
What do we use your information for?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your user experience
- For your user profile
- In tournaments, leagues, events, facilities or other governing bodies that you associate with.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
International Transfer of Information
The service is hosted and operated in the United States ("U.S."), with development, support and maintenance operations in other countries.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of your personally identifiable information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer. You are welcome to contact our team at email@example.com for further information about data transfer.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
You have certain access rights to your personal information contained in our systems. If you have submitted personal information through the SportyHQ services or website and wish to access, correct, or delete this personal information, please firstly try to edit your profile by logging in to SportyHQ and going to your proflie settings. If you cannot find the information you are trying to edit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You may request a copy of your data at any time by emailing email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you may also have a right to have SportyHQ delete your account entirely. This is largely dependent on SportyHQ's own obligations under the contracts we hold with our customers. For example, your data may be linked to an event, club or governing body that is using the SportyHQ service. In these situations, you may need to contact the entity in order to have your removal request processed. We are always here to help you with these requests and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Use of Third Party providers
In the course of providing our services to users, we occassionally need to share some information with third party service providers. Each of these partners must uphold strict security standards that comply with high security standards. The data provided is never used for any marketing purposes and is used strictly for the purpose of SportyHQ to provide various compoenents of its service. These third party service providers are listed below:
Please note, under no circumstances does customer card data ever touch a SportyHQ server. Card details are never stored in our database. Card or bank details are sent directly to the processing service and any card storage happens with them under strict PCI compliance security standards.
- Stripe (www.stripe.com). Provides our site with credit card payment capabilities.
- Adyen (www.adyen.com). Provides our site with credit card payment capabilities.
- PayPal (www.paypal.com). Provides our customers with the ability to pay transactions using their PayPal account.
- PayFast (South Africa only). Provices our South African users with the ability to pay transactions using their bank or credit card details.
- Amazon AWS (aws.amazon.com). Provides us with our main server and database infrastructure.
- Elasticsearch (www.elastic.co/cloud). Used to power our search interface.
- Zendesk (www.zendesk.com). Used to provide customer support.
We may also share your personal information and/or non-personal information with other third parties under the following circumstances:
- when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and/or if compelled to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or to meet national security requirements, or by other legal action;
- when we deem it necessary or appropriate to provide such information to law enforcement authorities; to protect our rights, or to take precautions against liability;
- to protect users of our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services; in the course of a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of our business, in which case information we have collected or otherwise acquired may be one of the assets transferred.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.